What will today bring ?

Every day bring us a new challange in one way or another even if we dont relize it each day i try to be posative, helpfull and not moan as much as the prevoius day but working with the public can put a lot of strain on this theory so try to do to others what you can expect of them and it might just all work out nicely .if not just count to 10...........or in my case a 110 !!!

Sunday 18 January 2015

New Skills

I sent for some nice pieces of material off the Internet and when they arrived I was disappointed as they were only small  squares so much for my knowledge of measurement what am I going to do with theses.

Looking through my new cath kidston sewing book for insertion i couldn't decide so I just have a play and see if I can work out how to do patchwork .


How to arrange the squares can be tricky so they look random but in order if you know what I mean 


 I found it easier to sew three together and then create coloums and then sew those together in stripes each seam pressing with a hot iron as I went it can be time consuming but worth it


Now I have this lovely patchwork pannel what shal I do with it .......

Well it looks like another tote I think 
I had some nice cream material that would complement the patchwork lovely. Cutting out the parts and pressing them into place is half the battle.
This time I had a go at turning the corners like it shows you in my book and it makes the bag have a sturdy bottom.


I decided to sew the handle on the frount of the bag and finish of with wooden buttons to give it that rustic feel  I'm rather proud of this little project and I actually followed a pattern and it worked lol thanks to my Cath Kidson sewing book 






No comments:

Post a Comment