What will today bring ?

Every day bring us a new challange in one way or another even if we dont relize it each day i try to be posative, helpfull and not moan as much as the prevoius day but working with the public can put a lot of strain on this theory so try to do to others what you can expect of them and it might just all work out nicely .if not just count to 10...........or in my case a 110 !!!

Wednesday 5 February 2014

Hats away

On wet and windy days like today you need to keep your head warm and my Lotty loves her hats over the years I have knitted dozens all shapes and sizes to mimick the latest trends.

This year was no different "mum can you do a reversable one so I don't get board" she cried ,so off I went to put my thinking cap on to work out how I was going to do this...... ummmm!

I found some charts on the net for PAC man and space invaders which she loved as any think geek gose down well with her,and she decided on grey and purple strips .

I decided to knit to seperate  hats and then sew them together so each side had a designe but the hardest thing was getting the chart to knit upside down so as you turned up the turn back of the hat the character was the right way round.
I must confess this took me ages to fathom but got there in the end ,and because it's  two layers thick is nice and cosy on wet windy days .

The PAC man must be very nostegic to people because Lotty has had som many complements from the older generation (wel. Us in our 40's) as we remember them well what do you think?


The space invaders!


The PAC man ...............

No comments:

Post a Comment