What will today bring ?

Every day bring us a new challange in one way or another even if we dont relize it each day i try to be posative, helpfull and not moan as much as the prevoius day but working with the public can put a lot of strain on this theory so try to do to others what you can expect of them and it might just all work out nicely .if not just count to 10...........or in my case a 110 !!!

Sunday 20 September 2009

I Finished work early on Saturday and couldn't wait to get into town .not for my usual shopping trip round primark for two hours and several heavy bags later but to the wool shop the ladies and knit group told me about.
As i walked down to the old bird cage towards the shop i was getting excited how can a grown up get excited about a wool shop i asked myself but i was .
I opened the door to be greeted by a big smiley face and can i help you "I'm looking for the knitting patten books please "i asked her "oh just down there love" she said "help yourself " down the bottom of the shop there was load sand loads of big folders full of pattens ,two hours later and several are you OK dear do you need any help " I found a pattern that i liked I'what to knit a cardigan for my mum as a surprise i found two pattern that were not too old fashiond but still modern enough, as i read through them both i couldn't make up my mind which one to do i was such a long time in the wool shop my husband had come to find me "what do think mum would like best " i asked him .Don't know, that one or that one ,hurry up just pick one, he moaned.
t
Two elderly ladies came over to the pattern as i apologized for taking up all the room with piles of pattern book i got chatting too them I told them of my dilemma of which pattern to choose "how old is your mum ?"she asked "oh shes 66 "iIreplied " well shes just a youngster then !"she wont want that one is a bit old fashioned ", "that ones lovely dear "the other lady commented" it has a lovely finish." My husband stood and laughed at me "cant you go anywhere with out getting in a natter with folk about knitting !he said" ."well its a bit hard not to ,i am in a wool shop "men they think there so funny (not)
I had decided on my choice and so now the task of choosing some wool I thought I had read the pattern and it was in double knit I asked the lady had she got the wool the pattern was using and she said no sorry but any aran yarn would do. Aran !!!! oh here I go again picked the wrong thing "whats aran i asked her when i think of aran it congers up pictures of thick cable sweaters and men in fishing boats .
no aran is in between double knit and chunky she showed me the section where all the choices were i was surprised the wools were all lovely silky and soft all sorts of colours as i ohh and arrd my husband sat back down again "were in for a long wait "he sighed.
Decided on this lovely cream soft Cotton type wool and it was quiet reasonably at only
£3.00 a ball as i asked the lady at the counter about which needles to use , i then got all confused abbot old sizes, metric, my poor head was busting so i bought a handy little thing that you put the needle through and tell you exactly what size the needle is as i have a lot of needles at home but the sizes have rubbed off. As i said thank you to the lady who helped me the two elderly ladies came over and said good look with my project and that they hoped my mother would like it as i turned to leave with martyn i heard her say to her friend what a lovely Young women ,you don't she many youngsters these day knitting do you , that will look nice in that wool .
Youngster ha i wish well i suppose to then, me at 38 is a youngster but I'm not complaining it mad my day ........and as i left i couldn't wait to get home to start it off ................i will keep you poster as how I'm getting on with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment